Horslyx Garlic Balancer
The garlic oil in Horslyx Garlic provides a natural barrier to help discourage flies and pesky insects. It has been research proven that when feeding Horslyx Garlic to horses at grass, it will significantly reduce the irritation from flies and other biting insects. The latest study concluded: “This level of reduction is indicative that the consumption of Horslyx Garlic Balancer produces a beneficial effect for the horse and that this reduction in insect burden will allow the horse to be less irritable and more manageable”. Another study demonstrated the favourable effects of Garlic Balancer in reducing the number of times affected horses tried to alleviate the symptoms of sweet itch. This investigation summarised: “Feeding Horslyx Garlic Balancer helped to alleviate irritation caused by sweet itch, which in turn may reduce stress, making for a happier, more responsive and co-operative horse”. These studies were carried out at the University of Aberystwyth; you can find out more by visiting Horslyx.com
The benefits of Horslyx Garlic Balancer
- Combats the problem of pesky flies and insects during summer.
- Helps to ease the irritation from sweet itch.
- Can be fed in all seasons to all equines.
- Supports health by counteracting the nutrient deficiencies in grass, hay and haylage.
- Can be fed solely alongside good quality forage as a balancer, or fed as part of a balanced diet including hard feed.
- Ideal for stabled horses and ponies Horslyx takes a long time to consume; it’s an ideal boredom breaker.
- The action of licking Horslyx creates more saliva; saliva production helps neutralise the acid in the stomach
Abundant in Omega-3 fatty acids, Linseed Oil can enhance a shiny coat and support the immune system. The equine’s natural diet is often lacking in these essential fatty acids so providing them in the diet is key to good health.
Linseed oil is rich in Omega-3 oil and can help in producing a healthy glossy coat, healthy skin and boost the immune system. A horse’s natural diet can be low in Omega-3 so horses often need an additional source to provide these essential fatty acids for optimum health.
Combining Vitamin E, Selenium, chelated Copper and Zinc provides a potent antioxidant package which helps to support the equine immune system and all round health.
ALL HORSLYX CONTAIN COPPER – DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP