An exciting opportunity to work as part of the team within the branch at Oban to driver sales, margin and profitability whilst providing excellent customer service and ensuring deliveries are carried out in an efficient manner.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible to: Branch Manager
Term: Fixed Term – 6 months
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Hours: 36.5 per week
To assist in the day to day running of the country store alongside an established team, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction and standards are achieved as well as actively promoting and driving sales. Ensuring customer deliveries are done in an efficient and planned manner.
- To support and contribute to the effective operation of the business as a member of the branch team, including ensuring adequate levels of all stocked products are maintained in conjunction with the Branch Manager/Branch Supervisor.
- To actively promote and drive the sales of all products, with the aim of maximising profitability, through the branch and via telecommunications to customers.
- To deliver excellent customer service to customers (both internal and external) by understanding customer’s needs, providing recommendations with integrity and delivering first rate solutions.
- To assist the branch in ensuring that daily routine tasks are completed whilst adopting flexibility to ensure other duties, such as warehouse or delivery tasks are completed in a timely manner and to the required standard.
- To take a lead role in ensuring the success of the company by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable margin target achievement.
- To support the Branch in promoting the company brand and working to recognised business standards.
- Adhere to Company and Group policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to Safety, Health and Environmental.
- To ensure all relevant legislation and approved codes of practice, are adhered to in respect of ongoing compliance, including but not limited to UFAS, FIAS, & NOPS assurance schemes.
- To ensure deliveries are done in an efficient and well planned manner, ensuring that the customer gets what they need, delivered to the correct location.
- Following all of the company van driving policies to ensure deliveries are done in a safe manner.
Skills, Experience and Qualities Required
- Holds a full UK driving licence (Essential).
- Excellent customer service skills, with an appreciation for our customer base. (Essential)
- Has an organised approach to work and able to work using own initiative. (Essential)
- Be a practical problem solver. (Essential)
- Adopts a flexible approach to work and willing to take on additional responsibilities. (Essential)
- AMTRA qualification desirable, but training can be given to achieve this. (Desirable)
As part of The Billington Group we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- An attractive salary package.
- Annual salary reviews in September each year.
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave.
- Opportunity to work for a well-established family-owned business with ambitions for growth and innovation.
Health Assured: Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which offers counselling and health and wellbeing advice.
Sick pay: Generous company sick pay entitlement.
Health Cash Plan: A health cash plan allowing colleagues to claim back money spent on everyday health care such as optical, dental, physiotherapy and much more.
Staff Discount: Colleagues are eligible for a generous staff discount on selected products at our Country Stores.
Cycle to work scheme: A salary sacrifice scheme saving you tax on the purchase of a new bicycle and associated equipment.
Flexible life assurance and critical illness cover: Choose to increase the level of life assurance cover already provided to you by the company or add critical illness cover, all at preferential rates.
Perks At Work: Access to an exclusive member’s discount website with over 3,500 brands where you can save money and earn cashback on spends from grocery shopping to holidays.
Salary finance benefits: Savings schemes, preferential rate loans and wage advances all through payroll as well as tools for financial education.
Pension: Enrolment into the Company pension scheme after 3 months of employment.
Training & Development: Role specific training and ongoing training and development opportunities identified through our annual appraisal process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through our website or alternatively, send your CV and an indication of your current salary expectations to the Carr’s Billington People Team by email: People@carrs-billington.com
If you have any further questions about the role, please contact the PEOPLE TEAM who will be happy to discuss the position with you further.
|Functional Area:||Country Stores|
|Job Shift:||Fixed Term (Temporary)|
|Apply Before:||30 Nov 2023 23:59:00|
|Posting Date:||1 Oct 2023 07:47:00|