Carr’s Billington is a market leader in agricultural supplies and farm machinery with presence spanning across the UK. We are looking to appoint a self-motivated Warehouse Person to add to our highly skilled team based at Hawes.
Carr’s Billington is a market leader in agricultural supplies and farm machinery with presence spanning across the UK. We are looking to appoint a self-motivated Warehouse Person to add to our highly skilled team.
As a Warehouse Operative at our Hawes branch, you will play a vital role in the business, ensuring our customers can have what they want, when they want it.
You will take on a range of tasks, from checking and sorting stock safely to manual handling and working quickly and efficiently, there will never be a dull day.
The right candidate will ideally have an interest in agriculture, be a good communicator, with an eye for detail, and an ability to learn quickly.
Attitude and Behaviours
- Actively supports other team members to ensure targets and tasks are completed
- Consistently achieves personal targets and consistently assists team members to achieve team success
- Follows through customer enquiries, requests and problems and deals with them promptly
- Understands their contribution to customer satisfaction
- Identifies with customers and understands their needs and priorities
- Promotes the business and work to the required standards
- Understands the personal and business benefits of maximising customer value
- Conscious of waste and the importance of controlling costs to increase profit
Technical and Professional Expertise:
- To ensure that all policies and procedures in respect of Security and Health & Safety are adhered to, in order to provide a safe and secure environment for self, colleagues and customers
- Forklift Truck (FLT) licence preferable
- Full Driving Licence
Heath, Safety & Environment:
- To ensure that all policies and procedures in respect of Health & Safety and environment are adhered to, in order to provide a safe and secure environment for self, staff and customers.
As part of Carr’s Group we offer a range of employee benefits to everyone who passes their probation, the benefits for this role are:
- The opportunity to work for an established company
- Full company uniform provision
Annual Leave: 25 days + bank holidays
Uniform: Carr’s Billington branded uniform
Health Assured: Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which offers Counselling and Health and wellbeing advice.
Sick Pay: 6 weeks at full salary in any rolling 12-month period (including SSP), increasing to 12 weeks after 5 years of employment.
Staff Discount: Employees are eligible for a generous staff discount on selected products at our Country Stores.
Tech Scheme: A tax efficient way to pay for the latest technology.
Cycle Scheme: A tax efficient way to pay for a new bicycle.
Carr’s Group Retirement Scheme: Providing you are between 22 and state pension age you will be eligible to join (after 2 months service) the Carr’s Scheme, provided by Aviva. A minimum contribution rate of 4%, made through salary sacrifice, is required and the Group will also pay in an additional 4%.
Click on our full information pack here
HOW TO APPLY
To get started with this exciting career, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or if you have any questions, please email us and we’ll be happy to help.
The closing date for applications is midnight 07/11/202