Carr’s Billingtons fuel division has an exciting new opportunity to join the team as a Tanker Driver based out of our Carlisle Depot.
A variety of jobs including –
- Daily loading of the vehicle at the company depot, or designated fuel terminal whilst following operation procedures and Health & Safety guidelines
- Multi-drop work delivering kerosene, road diesel and gas oil to a mixture of domestic and commercial customers
- Basic maintenance of the vehicle
- Comply with all the relevant Working Time & Driving regulations
- Assist with other work around the depot when required
Attitude and Behaviours
- Consistently overachieves personal targets and consistently encourages team members to overachieve
- Actively develops relationships with support departments and managers to ensure team success
- Utilises information available to improve procedures and makes suggestions to line manager
- Understands the immediate internal and external customers and their needs. Requests and acts on feedback on service
- Acts as a role model for customer service and actively promotes this to colleague
Technical and Professional Expertise:
- HGV Class 2 licence
- ADR including Class 3 Flammable Liquids and class 3 in tanks (Preferable but not essential)
Heath, Safety & Environment:
- To ensure that all policies and procedures in respect of Health & Safety and environment are adhered to, in order to provide a safe and secure environment for self, staff and customers.
As part of Carr’s Group we offer a range of employee benefits to everyone who passes their probation, the benefits for this role are:
- Opportunity to work for an established and growing business
- Competitive salary
Annual Leave: 25 days + bank holidays
Uniform: Carr’s Billington branded uniform
Health Assured: Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which offers Counselling and Health and wellbeing advice.
Sick Pay: 6 weeks at full salary in any rolling 12-month period (including SSP), increasing to 12 weeks after 5 years of employment.
Staff Discount: Employees are eligible for a generous staff discount on selected products at our Country Stores.
Tech Scheme: A tax efficient way to pay for the latest technology.
Cycle Scheme: A tax efficient way to pay for a new bicycle.
Carr’s Group Retirement Scheme: Providing you are between 22 and state pension age you will be eligible to join (after 2 months service) the Carr’s Scheme, provided by Aviva. A minimum contribution rate of 4%, made through salary sacrifice, is required and the Group will also pay in an additional 4%.
Click on our full information pack here
HOW TO APPLY
To get started with this exciting career, please send an up-to-date CV to Johnny McCallum or if you have any questions, please email us and we’ll be happy to help.
The closing date for applications is midnight on 03/10/2022