The Billington Group
(“The Billington Group” or “The Group”)
THE BILLINGTON GROUP COMPLETES PURCHASE OF CARR’S BILLINGTON AGRICULTURE LIMITED (CBAL) FROM CARR’S GROUP PLC
The Billington Group has completed the purchase of Carr’s Billington Agriculture Ltd (CBAL) from Carr’s Group PLC, now becoming the sole owner of the business.
Since its origination in 1998, Carr’s Billington Agriculture Limited (CBAL) has successfully operated as a joint venture between The Billington Group and Carr’s Group PLC with 50:50 ownership. In August, The Billington Group & Carrs Group PLC announced a deal had been agreed to sell Carr’s Group’s stake in the business to The Billington Group. Today both businesses have announced completion of the process.
The Billington Group chief executive Gary Blake said “Following our initial announcement in August we are delighted to have completed our agreement to become sole owners of Carr’s Billington Agriculture Ltd. I would like to thank Carr’s Group for working closely with Billington’s for the past 20 years to grow the business to where it is today.”
Blake added “As a fifth generation, family-owned business we are committed to developing and investing in all areas of the business for the long term and we have already started working on how we improve our business for the long term.
Carr’s Billington is the largest supplier of rural and farming solutions in the north of the country, offering a comprehensive range of feeds, machinery, animal health products, seeds, chemicals, fuels, tools, equipment and clothing.
As part of the transition, The Billington Group have appointed a new MD, Richard Quinn who said, “We’d like to take this opportunity to first and foremost reassure our valued customers that this deal completion will not impact their more immediate interactions with Carr’s Billington”.
“Looking forward however, we do have some exciting plans to improve our operational systems and processes in the background, with the specific aim of improving the reliability of service our customers expect to receive from us. The Carr’s Billington business has evolved considerably in recent years, and we are looking forward to introducing the infrastructure and investment required to support the high-quality of personnel we have on the ground and in the field”, concluded Quinn.
For further information about The Billington Group or the information contained within this press release please contact Sam Thompson – 07824145840.
The Billington Group
– The Billington Group are a fifth generation, family company operating since 1858 with offices in Liverpool & Birmingham.
– Today, the group is a growing family of manufacturing and trading businesses operating in the food and agriculture sectors.
– The group employ over 1,500 people with a combined turnover of £325m – The group’s private, family ownership focuses on growing its people and the business for the long term.
– The group’s subsidiaries include:
- Food Manufacturing
- English Provender Company – with sites in Newbury and Newport
- Billington Foods – Scunthorpe, Wellingborough
- Carr’s Billington Agriculture Limited – Multiple sites and stores across England, Wales and Scotland
- Criddle and Co – Liverpool