An exciting opportunity for an experienced SHEQ Business Partner to join our team. At Carrs Billington, we are passionate about safety, supporting our colleagues in managing the risks in our business, driving cultural change and promoting SHEQ awareness. You will provide professional safety, occupational health, environmental and quality advice to multi-disciplinary sites and ensure that HSEQ risks are effectively identified, managed and monitored.
Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Business Partner
Carrs Billington Agriculture (Sales) Ltd
Business Delivery Manager
Managing Director, Finance Director, Group Health, Safety, Environmental & Risk Manager, Commercial Managers, Head of Procurement, Head of Feed, General Managers, Branch Managers, Branch Supervisors, Transport Managers, Customers, Carrs Billington Agriculture (Operations) Ltd SHEQ team.
Lead and advise the business on all SHEQ risks and all matters across all Carrs Billington Retail Stores, Fuel, Machinery and Warehouse Operations. Develop and maintain improvement programmes for SHEQ, UFAS and FIAS throughout all aspects of the business, develop business focused operational guidance and best practise, ensure the continual improvement of the management systems and to support branches in implementation strategies; to monitor compliance with legislation and operating standards, and to highlight risks and defects.
- Lead and actively promote a positive SHEQ culture within the business and encourage individual responsibility for SHEQ at all levels.
- Lead the business in the development of objectives and targets relating to SHEQ, UFAS and FIAS at company and branch level.
- Collaborative working with line management to deliver SHEQ objectives and the continuous improvement of company and branch SHEQ management systems.
- Collaborative working with the Commercial Management team and external assurance bodies to deliver UFAS and FIAS objectives with continuous improvement throughout the annual audit process.
- Collaborative working with the Group Health, Safety, Environmental & Risk Manager to support the group strategy , ensuring compliance in all areas of the business.
- Develop and maintain documentation to enhance operating procedures, ensuring compliant with current legislation, industry and operational standards.
- To endeavour to align procedures and best practise with day to day processes and operations.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues to facilitate the coordinated SHEQ compliant management of processes supporting procurement of services, ensuring safe contractor accreditation.
- To work with line management to deliver risk identification, facilitate risk assessments and control strategies.
- To liaise with external specialists in risk management, inspections, surveillance, monitoring and surveys where required.
- To investigate incidents and adverse events, and to share learning from incidents across the company.
- To carry out site inspections on a regular basis, provide written reports, highlight defects and provide support to line management with their rectification.
- To monitor the implementation and delivery of the SHEQ, UFAS and FIAS objectives & targets within the business.
- To support the business with the retention of any formal accreditations, and external auditing requirements.
- Reporting · To ensure that lead and lag indicators are recorded and reported as required within the business and the wider group.
- To notify the Managing Director, Business Delivery Manager and the Group HSE & Risk Manager of any serious SHEQ non-compliance.
- To notify the Head of Feed Sales of any breach of compliance in relation to UFAS and FIAS assurance schemes.
Communication and consultation
- To develop a monthly SHEQ communications for all sites and all staff.
- Complete Monthly Executive report for all areas of the business
- Maintain and Develop H&S Portal on Carrs Billington Sales Intranet
- To assist line management in the delivery of effective consultation with all staff on SHEQ, UFAS and FIAS matters
- Occasionally when necessary for duties to be undertaken away from the office therefore there may be overnight stays which will be required away from home
- Organised & efficient
- Responsible & Accountable
- Initiative & proactivity
- Continue Professional Development
- Credible & resilient
Relating to Others
- Enthusiastic with others
- Active listening & collaborative
- Patient · Empathetic
- Team player
- Genuine interest in helping others
- Practical problem solver
- Detailed and factual
- Creating Ideas & Solutions
- Persuasion & Influence
- Continuous improvement
- Minimum NEBOSH certificate in occupational safety & health, with an expectation to work towards NEBOSH Diploma or OSH Degree;
- Certificate / qualification in environmental management;
- Certificate / qualification in quality management preferred;
- Knowledge of risks and HSE issues associated with some or all of retail, logistics, dangerous goods, machinery workshops, warehousing and general agriculture preferred;
- Able to retain a calm & analytical approach when investigating accidents & major incidents;
- Able to handle evidence & documentation;
- Able to analyse & interpret statistical data;
- Be credible & confident when handling key relationships, including business partners and regulators;
- To have awareness of the impact of self, and the ability to develop and maintain a positive perception of SHEQ within the business;
- To be prepared to challenge assumptions to ensure the best SHEQ outcome for the business, and to be able to negotiate solutions to deliver this;
- Recognise when to escalate matters to senior management;
- At least 5 years in an HSE management or advisory role;
- Computer literate & able to actively engage with IT developments.
- Detailed report writing capability;
- Full UK driving licence.
All applications will be dealt with in complete confidence
To apply send a covering letter and CV to (preferably by email):
Diane Martin – Business Delivery Manager