The AGCO Academy Apprenticeship is now in its twentieth year, and in partnership with Moreton Morrell College, part of the multi-site college group WCG, has been the starting point for some of the most highly-respected and sought-after agricultural engineers in the sector.
It combines classroom and workshop training with practical, work-based development to lay the foundations of a successful career, working with such brands as Massey Ferguson, Fendt and Valtra.
What are the key benefits?
• Run by AGCO trained lecturers and instructors
• Monitors your progress at work and at college to uphold and exceed all required national standards and qualifications
• Gives apprentices additional soft skills to help in the work place
• The College is working with a range of industry and awarding bodies to ensure that the content is relevant to the industry
• Includes Manufacturer Technical Training at AGCO’s training academy
• Broad range of machinery accessed to ensure apprentices are working on the latest technology where appropriate
Why should I apply?
An AGCO apprenticeship is an opportunity to: “earn while you learn”.
AGCO’s apprenticeship schemes have helped an overwhelming number of young people to join the land-based engineering sector in the UK.
Become one of these achievers!
Land-Based Service Engineering Technician in Agricultural Engineering – Level 3
Course modules include a wide range of subjects including health and safety, workshop practices, engines, electrics/electronics, hydraulics and transmissions. One of the most important skills to start developing is complex diagnosis which includes inspection and testing of mechanical/hydraulic/electric/electronic systems used on land-based machines and equipment. The apprenticeship delivers both theoretical and practical based sessions in industry standard training facilities.
Approximately 42+ months overall to include 20% off the job training that is gained by attending 36 weeks approximately at Moreton Morrell College in Warwickshire and additional enhanced technical and product training with AGCO, which is delivered at their nearby Training Centre.
Employers entry requirements include typically 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (level 2) or better in English and Maths and Science plus one other subject.
Qualifications gained as an apprentice include:
• Level 3 Land-Based Service Engineering Technician Apprenticeship which includes Theory and Practical exams then a professional discussion with a Land-Based Industry Assessor
• AGCO Core Technical Training
• AGCO CVT and Hydrostatic type Transmissions
• AGCO Power Engines
• AGCO online training
How do I apply?
Please contact your local Carrs Billington machinery branch:
2 Annan Business Park
Tel: 01464 202772
Tel: 01228 520212
Penrith Industrial Estate
Tel: 01768 866354
Tyne Mills Industrial Estate
Tel: 01434 605371
Unit 20C, Coopies Haugh
Coopies Lane Ind Estate
Tel: 01670 503930
Tel: 01833 637537
Tel: 01388 662266