Thomas Edmondson Cup goes to Borrowdale

Shown here is Stanley Jackson of the Langstrath Flock, winner of the prestigious Thomas Edmondson Cup for the Best Shearling Tup, receiving the trophy from Rae Thomlinson, Managing Director at Carrs Billington Agriculture.

The Cup was first awarded in 1928 by the Penrith based agricultural chemists, Thomas Edmonson. They later were acquired by Carrs Agriculture, now Carrs Billington Agriculture, but the cup is still awarded at the annual Keswick May Ram Fair.

 

Thanks to David Stephenson for use of the picture.