Ewe Feed Range
There are a number of essential elements to a successful lambing
Optimum birth weight
Plentiful milk supply
Fit and healthy ewes
Two factors in particular dominate the ewe’s nutritional requirements during pregnancy and focus attention on the nutrient density of the ewe feed to be chosen.
- 75% of the lambs foetal growth takes place in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy with a consequent huge increase in the nutritional requirement of the ewe.
- In late pregnancy (last 3-4weeks in particular) the developing lambs physically reduce the capacity of the rumen, with a consequent reduction (up to 30%) of dry matter intake.
Carrs Billington’s range of ewe feeds are designed to provide the nutritional requirements of a variety of breeds, lambing percentages and systems catering for
- A 60% increase in energy and protein requirement fro 8 weeks before, to lambing.
- A substantially increased demand for minerals, trace elements and vitamins, particularly Vitamin E and Selenium.
- A 250 -300% increased demand for protein and energy during lactation compared to 8 weeks before lambing.
Carrs Billington ewe feeds aid in the production of:
- A lamb of good birth weight and vigour to enable early suckling
- A plentiful milk supply – from a healthy ewe in good condition
“Feeding well leads to no regrets later”
Discuss with the Carrs Billington Area Sales Manager your particular requirements for ewe feeding and feed rationing programme.
Our ewe feeds are available in 6mm nuts or 15mm rolls.
Lamb Feed Range
Carrs Billington offer a full range of lamb feeds designed to suit the system, the breed and give a response to feeding which is so necessary to flexible lamb marketing.
We produce a product containing high quality protein, high energy and balanced cereal content resulting in a superior lamb feed with a triple role.
- A highly digestible creep feed for housed or outdoor lambing systems and for ad-lib or restricted feeding to orphan or suckling lambs.
- A palatable feed ideal for feeding start to finish, for the Easter lamb trade
- A feed which gives pedigree sheep a very good start and when continued through produces mature animals with the potential to command premium prices
Whether fed to housed lambs for a fast finish or to store lambs at grass, the Carrs Billington range of lamb finishing feeds will satisfy all requirements.
The range includes products of differing protein to energy proportions with high levels of starch, depending on the requirements of protein for growth, or energy for finish, or a combination of both. The choice of the most appropriate products is also crucial to the rate of conversion of feed to weight gain and therefore cost of production. The formulation of lamb feeds includes features to aid in the prevention of urinary calculi (bladder stones).
Please discuss all aspects of your lamb feed requirements with your Carrs Billington Area Sales Manager.
Our lamb feeds are available in 4mm pellets for easy intake.
Grain Balancer Pellets
Contains 33% protein and is designed to be mixed with cereals, although upto 25% of cereals may be replaced with Sugar Beet Pulp or Citrus Pulp. The resultant mix is suitable for finishing lambs or ewes.
Urea is included so it must not be fed to animals under 3 months of age.
Concentrate Mixing Rates
Mixing Ratio Concentrate
Cereals:Concentrate Inclusion Protein of Mix
4:1 20% 14.6%
3:1 25% 15.8%
2:1 33% 17.7%